How to Make Skin Clean, Beautiful and Glowing: National Healthy Skin Awareness Month- November 2019
The sun, cool weather, dry air spoil the skin and make it dry and lifeless. By making some changes in your daily routine and ways of living, you can make the skin soft and shining like silk. Here are some methods, which will make your skin glow and look healthy.
Today is 1st November! That means the start of National Healthy Skin Month- November 2019. I am writing this article just for awareness and to make the National Healthy Skin Month even more informative. So, let’s start!
Include skin care in your daily routine
- Start with dry brushing every day: Dry brushing is an ancient technique used to remove dead cells and it helps in the circulation of blood in your body. Daily dry brushing makes your skin glow instantly and if you do it daily, your skin will start to glow.
- Choose a dry brush that is made of natural fiber and not plastic, and a brush made of natural fiber does not make your skin rough.
- Starting with your feet from the outside inwards, move the brush towards your heart, moving little towards the heart. Brush your feet, torso, and hands. Use a small and soft brush for your face.
- Brush and skin should always be dry when starting, brushing on wet skin will not affect that much.
2. Take a cold water shower: Wash your body with cold water instead of hot, if cold water does not feel right to you, first use lukewarm water and then after some time use cold water. Hot water is hard for your skin, and it makes your skin dry and hard while cold water makes your skin tight and the same.
- Whenever you wash your face, use cold water instead of hot.
- Take a bath at some special time with hot water. It can be good for the soul but not necessarily good for the skin.
3. Exfoliate the skin in the shower: While bathing, you can exfoliate the skin under the shower using a loofah, washcloth or a soft but rough thing. You can also use a body scrub. But remember that the cloth or scrub is very softly rubbed on the skin. Use different cloths for your skin and body.
- Do not forget to clean all the above things properly after skin exfoliation, else they can cause bacterial growth. These bacteria can make your skin tainted and rough.
4. Do not use soap too much: Body wash, scrub, and soap generally available in the market also contain detergent which makes your skin dry, which makes the skin glow. Use soap that contains natural oil, and use plain water with it.
5. Moisturize the skin: After drying your body after bathing, apply a lotion or moisturizer on it, so that the skin remains moist and your skin is protected from the dry air that goes on throughout the day. Use the following moisturizer for glowing and healthy skin:
- Coconut Oil: It has a lovely fragrance and your skin absorbs it and the skin looks beautiful.
- Shea butter: This moisturizer is especially good for delicate skin. You can also apply it on your lips.
- Lanolin: Sheep produce lanolin to keep their wool soft and dry, and it is great for defending against cold winds.
- Olive oil: When your skin needs deep conditioning, apply olive oil on your body and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then wash and wipe with lukewarm water.
- The lactic acid lotion is available at the pharmacy, it removes dry scaly skin and makes the skin feel flexible and soft.
6. Meet the need according to your skin type: Some people have dry, flaky skin and some people have oily, and many people have a combination of these two types. Find out which parts of your body need special care and make sure that their care is included in your routine.
- Treat acne on your face or body carefully. Do not do dry brushing on the acne and do not use strong soap and any other chemical on it.
- If you have eczema, rosacea and any other problems that occur on dry skin, take care of the skin carefully. Do not use products that harm your skin condition, and if necessary, consult a doctor to take care of the skin.
Make your daily routine healthy
- Start exercising regularly: Exercising keeps your body shapely and blood circulation is good. This helps you stay healthy, which is known on seeing your glowing skin. Include the following exercises in your routine and do it three or more times a week:
- Cardio exercises such as power walking, running, biking, or swimming. By doing this the blood will flow properly in the body and your skin will look healthy.
- Exercise weight training with dumbbells. The strengthening of the muscles will change the color of your skin and it will look smooth.
- Do yoga and flexibility exercises: This type of exercise keeps your muscles in shape and this keeps your skin tight.
2. Eat a balanced diet: If you are not getting enough nutrients, then the effect starts to appear on your skin. Eat some fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains to bring back your skin glow. The following are some foods that are good for keeping your skin healthy and include them in your diet:
- Avocados and nuts: They contain healthy fats which help in keeping your skin flexible.
- Nutrient-rich plants: such as sweet potato, cabbage, carrots, spinach, broccoli, mangoes and blueberries all contain vitamins A, C, E.
3. Drink lots of water: Water fills your skin cells, leaving your skin looking fresh and glowing. Whenever you drink or do not drink less water, your skin starts getting dry. To keep your skin healthy, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. If you do not like drinking water every once in a while, then these things will also be right to meet your water requirement:
- Watery vegetables and fruits such as cucumber, lettuce, apples, and berries.
- Herbal tea or other types of tea that do not contain caffeine.
- Drink lemon in a glass of soda water to feel fresh.
4. Avoid using substances that harm your skin: If you use such elements, then no matter how much you care for your skin in your routine, it will not benefit anyone and your skin It starts to look useless from the back. Therefore, it is better to use such substances at least or neither:
- Tobacco: Tobacco causes skin stains and wrinkles on the skin prematurely, if it is to damage the skin, then tobacco is the biggest culprit.
- Alcohol: Drinking too much alcohol causes the skin to become scratched, especially around the eyes, as it keeps water in the body. Should be limited to one or two doses of alcohol a week.
- Caffeine: Drinking too much caffeine in a day causes dehydrates in your body, which has a bad effect on your skin, be limited to one cup of coffee a day and take a big glass of water with it.
Follow such practices that your skin does not look dull
- Use sunscreen every day: Because of the sun, your skin will tan (tan) so that it will start to glow a little initially, but it will damage the skin for a long time, in summer, your skin will get more sunburn or black. Having it increases the chances of getting wrinkles, scars or skin cancer.
- Apply sunscreen on your face before removing it from the house, also apply sunscreen in the winter season.
- Apply sunscreen to the throat, shoulders, chest, hands, whichever part of the body is exposed to direct sunlight. If you are wearing shorts or going to the beach, then also apply sunscreen on your feet.
2. Remove makeup before bedtime: Letting the makeup on the skin overnight can damage the skin, because you are letting chemicals sleep on the skin overnight. By morning your skin absorbs all the makeup, this can have a very bad effect on the skin. Before going to bed every night, remove makeup from makeup remover and wash face with cold or lukewarm water.
- Do not remove the makeup from the face while scrubbing it may cause itching or damage to the skin, instead clean it by applying a nice makeup remover and applying it in towels.
- To remove makeup from the eyes, try this remedy: A cotton swab on which Vaseline is well applied should rotate your eyelid and around the eyes. The makeup will go away immediately. When done, wash and remove Vaseline.
3. Protect your skin from hard things: Skin is hardened by chemicals, extreme temperatures and wear, keep in mind some of the following precautions and make your skin delicate and silky soft:
- Wear gloves to protect your hands from rupture during the winter season, protect the rest of your body with warm clothes as per the requirement.
- Wear gloves when you are cleaning with sharp chemicals.
- When you are working in difficult conditions, put pads on your knees, put on thick clothes, and wear clothing and other things as necessary, following safety instructions.