About the virus:
In the large family of viruses that cause illnesses from common cold to more severe diseases such as Pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failures or even death, the WHO has so far identified the 7 strains of “coronavirus”, and classified them as:
1.) 229E Alpha
2.) NL63 Alpha
3.) OC43 Beta
4.) HKU1 Beta
The 7th strain is known as the “2019 novel Coronavirus” or commonly referred to as the (Wuhan Pneumonia).
1. It is a microorganism pretty small in size (about 400-500nm diameter), perhaps 5 to 50 times smaller than bacteria so a normal mask (not the N95 feature) may not be able to filter it out. However, when someone who is infected sneezes in front of you, it will take a great 3 meters (about 10 feet) before it drops to the ground, and is no longer airborne.
2. When the virus drops on a metal surface,
it will live for at least 12 hours. So remember if you come in contact with any metal surface, wash your hands with soap thoroughly.
3. The virus can remain active on fabric for 6-12 hours. Normal laundry detergent should kill the virus. But if you are really worried, you can add some non-chlorine bleach or oxygen bleach. (For winter clothing like a jacket that does not require daily washing, you can put it out under the sun to kill the virus.
About the symptoms of the pneumonia caused by Coronavirus:
1. It will first infect the throat, so the throat will have the dry sore throat feeling which will last for 3 to 4 days
2. Then the virus will blend into the nasal fluid and drips into the trachea and enter the lungs, causing pneumonia. This process will take 5 to 6 days.
3. With pneumonia, comes high fever and difficulty in breathing. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You will feel like you are drowning in water. It is important to go seek immediate medical attention if you feel like this.
1. The most common way of getting infected is by touching things in public, so you must wash your hands frequently.
The virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but a lot can happen in those 5-10 minutes. (you can rub your eyes or pick your nose ).
2. Aside from washing your hands frequently, you can gargle with Betadine Sore Throat Gargle to eliminate or minimize the germs while they are still in your throat (before dripping down to your lungs).
An ounce of prevention is worth much much more than tons of cure, especially when dealing with the virus which is incurable!